“Core Competency in Cardiac MRI”
A two day course aligned to the “Gold Guide” national curriculum for core competency in cardiac MRI for Cardiology StRs.
Date: Thursday 30th April to Friday 1st May 2015.
Venue: Cobalt Conference Suite, Northumbria House, 7-8 Silver Fox Way,Cobalt Business Park, North Shields,Tyne and Wear. NE27 0QJ.
Course Cost: £225 (Includes lunches and refreshments).
Course Contact: email@example.com
Core competency in cardiac MRI is one of the more difficult aspects of the cardiology StR curriculum to achieve, with few centres being able to provide the training as stated in the cardiology National Curriculum. The NECMR Imaging Group comprises all the accredited CMR imaging consultants in the North East who have come together to create a course that covers the “skills, behaviours, and knowledge” as described in the gold guide as a two day course. The course will be taught as a series of lectures alternating with hands on image manipulation of 50+ cases on individual workstations using the most up to date software. Places are limited to 18 participants.
- MRI safety, sequences and ventricular analysis including technical difficulties, contraindications and artefacts
- CMR in LV dysfunction
- CMR in LV Hypertrophy including infiltrative cardiomyopathy
- CMR in the investigation of Coronary Artery Disease
- Imaging for ARVD and mimics
- Masses and pericardial disease
- Aorta and Valvular heart disease
- Congenital Heart Disease