CMR at high field strength: here today and more tomorrow?
- By Matt Robson - Oxford
My approach to the difficult patient: tips and tricks to optimise image quality
- By Gerry McCann - Leicester Royal Infirmary
Late gadolinium imaging: from infarct detection to interstitial expansion
- By James Moon - Heart Hospital
(With thanks to Drs. Daniel Sado and Steven White for recording)
My approach to CMR for HCM - This talk has several slides embargoed
By Rory O'Hanlon - Belfast
My approach to extra-cardiac anatomy
By Charles Peebles - Southampton
(With thanks to Drs. Daniel Sado and Andrew Flett for the recordings.)
Myocardial oxygenation assessed with BOLD imaging - This talk has several slides embargoed
- By Theo Karamitsos - Oxford University
Imaging of myocardial oedema - This talk has several slides embargoed
- By Colin Berry - Glasgow
Molecular imaging with CMR
- By Robin Choudhury - Oxford University
My approach to blood flow imaging
- By Andrew Taylor - Great Ormond Street Hospital
My approach to tumours.
- By Raad Mohiaddin - BSCMR 2009
My approach to perfusion
- By Mark Westwood - London Chest Hospital
Previous BSCMR Abstracts
October 2007: Professor Eike Nagel. 'CMR for ischemia - ready for prime-time?'
January 2008: Dr Francisco Leyva. 'CMR for cardiac resynchronisation'
April 2008: Professor Dudley Pennell. 'CMR for heart failure'
July 2008: Dr Saul Myerson. 'CMR for valves'
October 2008: Dr Andrew Taylor. 'Cross sectional imaging for percutaneous valve implantation'
June 2009: Dr Andrew Arai. CMR for Acute Coronary Syndrome
October 2009: Dr. John Greenwood. CMR guided revascularisation
April 2010: Dr. Lisa Anderson. CMR for Heart Failure
July 2010: Steffen Petersen. CMR for Clinical trials
Sept 2010: Dr. Chiara Bucciarelli-Ducci. CMR for the interventional Cardiologist
Session I- Basic Course
- Anatomy/Function. Ana Almeida
- Pulse sequences and artifacts. Sebastian Kozerke
- Flow and valves. Philip Kilner (this talk has had 2 slides with unpublished data edited out)
- CMR and CM safety. Roger Luchinger
- Angiography. Georg Bongartz
- Perfusion CMR. Sven Plein
- Viability-CMR and spectroscopy. JÃ©rÃ´me Garot
Session II - Assessment of CAD: Perfusion-Viability
Session IV - CAD: Clinical Daily Practice - Multimodality
- Echocardiography: the "Stetoscope" of the 21. Century Fausto Pinto
- CMR: to use or not to use. Juerg Schwitter
- MDCT: Pros and Cons. Bernhard Gerber
Session VI - Angiography - Congenital - Masses
- Vascular: Aorta and pulmonary circulation. Raad Mohiaddin
- Coronary MRA: current status/challenges. Jennifer Keegan
Session VII - Thalassemia Session
- Introduction. Dudley Pennell (this talk has a section with unpublished data removed)
- The italian experience. Alessia Pepe
- The greek experience. Sophie Mavrogeni
Session VIII - Contrast Media
- Conventional Gd-Chelates: NSF Georg Bongartz
- Blood Pool CM. Massimo Lombardi
- Hyperpolarized CM. Damian Tyler
Session X - Detection of Preclinical Atherosclerosis
- Incidence of silent MI and prognosis. Frank Rademakers
- Arterial sclerosis and endothelial function. F Alpendurada
Session XI Understanding CHF: impact on current/future therapeutic strategies
- Ischemic CHF - revascularization and/or drug therapy. Juerg Schwitter
- Stem cell therapy. Othmar Pfister
SCMR has an online CMR atlas, here
What it is like to have a CMR scan here.
Online CMR cases
50 SCMR ‘case of the week’ cases online here
Online journal of CMR (JCMR)
This journal is open access from 2008. See current articles here.
CMR is in wikipedia here. Feel free to add to the entry.
Some free MRI physics courses
Hull physics lecture series
MRI tips and resources database
high school physics and quiz